Monday, January 7, 2013

The Purpose of this Blog


Well, I have been at a loss as to what I wanted to do with my blog. I just didn't know what I wanted it to contain and what I wanted it to do for others and what I wanted it to do for myself. I have been praying about it for a while now and God has finally showed me what He wants me to do with this blog. 

I am a very open person, who seldom worries about what others think of me, so that causes me to be a open about my life, what I think about things/issues, and the Bible. I'm not worried about whether people like me or not, I learned long ago to do as God wants me to, no matter who is for or against my decision. If I lived my life to please man then I would not have the blessings that I enjoy today. There are only two people whose approval I really need - God's and my husband, Isaiah's. 

That being sad, I would not want you to think that I am a cruel, judgmental, unkind person who just speaks my mind about others and lets them know my opinion of them. The last thing that I ever want to do is hurt someone by something I said without thinking. I want to be an encouragement to others through everything I do, say, write, or type, so that is why I am okay with sharing my life, along with it's mistakes and achievements, with others. All glory goes to God. 

You must know that I hold the opinion that what others do I cannot control and I do not have to stand before God for them, so who am I do judge them. God is there judge, not I. God commands me to love people, not to judge them. So, whether I agree with what a person is doing or not, I, through the power of the Holy Spirit, will love them and if I disagree with what they are doing will pray for them way before saying anything to them. God will clearly tell me if and when I am to reprove someone. 

Christians have the Holy Spirit to reprove them and the unsaved need to know they are sinners and on their way to Hell unless they repent of their ways. I allow God to reprove and correct His own and share the Gospel with those who don't know God. I love God so much, I am so glad to have a relationship with Him and I want others to be as happy as I am, so I share Him with them. 

Each post I put up I will pray over beforehand. My prayer is that this blog would be a blessing to all who read it and perhaps bring some to the knowledge of salvation. God loves you, Reader, and He wants you to know Him personally. 




No comments:

Post a Comment