Saturday, September 10, 2016

But God...

Don't let your past and where you came from define you or your future. When we come into this world, we have no control over who are parents are, but we don't have to be like them if they were bad people. My bio dad was a sex offender and my bio mom was a fornicator who had little time for anyone but herself.

But God rescued me from such parents when I was 9 years old. I am so grateful to God. He put me in a new family who taught me a better way to live. They weren't perfect, but I am really grateful to them for opening their hearts to me in my time of need. They taught me the importance of keeping things clean. They taught me how to be someone better than my former parents. Like every human,  they made mistakes; but they were there for me. They did the best that they knew how to considering my situation. I can and will be grateful for that. I don't have to understand God's plan for our separtion now or how it will all turn out well in the end, but I do have to be grateful in and for all things, no matter how hard or ugly they are because I can't see the bigger picture. I don't have to. All I need to see is God. He is mine and He has been so gracious toward me. So undeserving, but God loves me and protects me.

I praise you, Lord for your goodness. Thanks for opening my eyes yet again to where I could be were it not for your grace. Thanks for the people in my life who have pointed me towards You. Thanks for your salvation and giving me a new, better life. I am ever growing, and am so imperfect, but one day I will be. One day I will be in my glorified body and in your full presence. You are so good, Lord. I praise you for Who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment