Friday, May 22, 2015

My Great God

My Great God

Lord, here I am a sacrifice
Trying to do things that are nice;

Trying to serve you
In everything I do.

My greatest desire is to be
A girl with a heart for Thee!

I want You to be pleased with my life
And someday, I hope to be a good wife.

I’m looking into the future and it’s quite a fog;
I’m frightened what lies ahead and scared of what may be divulged

Lord what am I to do?
Well, I suppose I should just trust in You.

Things may seem hard and rough,
But my God is able to make me tough!

He gives us a purpose to live;
And His grace He is more than willing to give!

He can turn our weary days glad
And make us happy when we’re sad!

My God gives me strength each and every day,
And directs me into His perfect way.

Why He cares for me so much I cannot tell,
I just can’t understand why he doesn’t just let me perish in Hell.

But though I cannot understand it,
I am quite thankful he doesn’t let me perish in that horrible pit.

My God truly is an awesome One!
I’m just so grateful to Him for everything He has done!

Copyrighted 2008 By: Elizabeth Shull

No comments:

Post a Comment