Friday, May 22, 2015

Now You're Gone

Now You're Gone

Oh, I will never ever forget,
That wonderful day we met!

Oh, we were friends, friends so dear,
With you around, I had nothing to fear.

You took away those dreary days,
And helped me through life’s stormy maze!

For then you were here, but now you’re gone,
But your memory still lingers on.


I’ll never forget your gentle touch
And how it meant, oh so much.

And your smile and loving eyes
How they never told me lies.

Oh, and your laugh was oh so fine,
Especially when you stayed up after nine!

The precious words you spoke to me
To make me glad and shine with glee.

When you were here, but now you’re gone,
But your memory still lingers on.


Oh, what a sad, sad day,
When the Lord took you away!

But you’ll be with me as long as I live,
As many days as God sees fit to give.

I cannot wait to meet you there,
Way up there way in the air.

As I remember I’m filled with tears,
As I think of all those years

That you were here, but now you’re gone,
But your memory still lingers on.

Copyrighted 2007 By: Elizabeth Anne Shull

No comments:

Post a Comment