Friday, May 22, 2015

Simply Waiting on God

Simply Waiting on God
  
I often ask the Lord “Will my waiting ever end?”
When will you work this out and my trouble mend?

Will it be today? Tomorrow? A year from now?
Lord, I wanna be patient, but I just don’t know how

I know your time is best,
But on you I just can’t seem to rest.

I can’t get my mind off of what I want and my timing.
My focus is wrong and I feel as though I will never reach the top though I am always climbing.

God, You’ve shown me something You’ve promised to do.
And I am so impatient to wait on you.

Lord, You’ve taught me so much in all this waiting,
Yet, I spend so much time debating!

Lord, I need to trust and be thankful.
Lord, I know you are always faithful

Sometimes I feel like the waiting is going to kill me.
But it hasn’t yet; it just won’t let me be!

Lord, help me to stop walking by my own sight.
Lord, I need to remember that you are the pathway that leads me in the right.

I know my waiting will never end for I will always be waiting for something.
But it sure is wonderful to know that I can trust you in everything!

Copyrighted 2011 By: Elizabeth Anne Shull 

No comments:

Post a Comment