Friday, May 22, 2015

Lord, Make Me and Break Me

Lord, Make Me and Break Me
Thoughts from 2 Tim. 2
 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and
meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 2 Timothy 2:21

Lord, make me thankful in all things.
Make me thankful in all that life brings.
Cause me to bless You and praise You for the trials that You send.
Cause me to praise You for the waiting that seems to never end.  

Lord, make me focus only on You,
Though there is so much around me that wants my attention, too.
You never promised me an easy life, but You have promised to give me Your grace
To run this long, often tiring, and seemingly unending race.

Lord, make me a faithful soldier to endure the cross,
Help me to remember to count all things but loss.
Keep my lips from complaining when Your gift is something I don’t understand.
Help me to remember that it’s from a loving hand.

Lord, make me love you more than anything or anyone,
Help me remember what it costs to follow after your Son.
Cast down any idol that I may set up in my heart.
Oh! How I long to be all Your’s; to be completely and entirely set apart.

Lord, make me be tender and full of compassion.
Give me a love for those that don’t deserve it; give a passion.
Help me to keep in mind just how unloving I am.
Make me to be gentle with them as I would be with a lamb.       

Lord, just make me what You want me to be,
Open my eyes and cause them to see
Your holiness and my short-comings; and the way You’d have me walk. 
Open this mouth of mine and cause it to preach, teach, and talk.

Lord, just take me and mold me into Your vessel
Unto honor and sanctified as Your useful tool. 
I am your child and though stubborn I may be,
I am quite certain You are able to break and to shape me.

                                                                                                                                                
Copyrighted 2011 By: Elizabeth Anne Shull                                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment