Friday, May 22, 2015

Victory Through Christ

Victory Through Christ

Often times, Lord I do not trust in Your care!
Too many times have I forgotten that You are present everywhere!

I trust in my human flesh rather than seeking You!
I doubt that You are my daily provider and that You love me no matter what I do!

I am quite a dumb child, as dump as a sheep you see,
But I am so very thankful that you are the Good Shepherd and are ever giving mercy!

I have coveted the things of this world and envied the wicked, too.
And for this reason I am discouraged and exceedingly blue.

I am always reminded of the fact that I am, well, human!
I seem to be taking things upon myself and doing more than I really can!

Life is becoming more real to me through every passing day.
I will never understand why it is so hard for me to obey!

I can be quite selfish even to the point that I long to be in Heaven,
But then the Lord reminds me that I am supposed to be a fisher of men.

I just hate how life causes one to be so tied to the things of this earth
And how it’s just so full of things that have so little worth!

Lord, forgive this unworthy servant of Yours for being so very forgetful of who you are!
Help me to remember that this world will never take me very far!

Forgive me for my unfaithfulness
And living in such foolish unrighteousness!

Forgive me for allow the distractions in this life to take control
And for not being entirely faithful in my Christian role!

Lord, more than anything, I have learned the weakness of myself
And that trusting in me will never gain me any kind of spiritual wealth!

Lord, help me to wake up each morning thanking you for everything!
May I always, no matter what, remember you are the reason that I sing!

May I remember the things I have learned and allow them to reach my stubborn heart.
Lord, help me to run to you first and foremost when I am falling apart!

Lord, by your matchless grace, I will serve You for Who You are and all You’ve done
And someday be pleased to hear You say “Well done, for the victory is won.”


Copyrighted 2010 By: Elizabeth Shull

No comments:

Post a Comment