Friday, May 22, 2015

My Life is Your's, Lord

My Life is Your's, Lord

Every dream, plan, wish, I myself deny.
I will follow You til the day I die.

Never turning aside to focus on another
We will have sweet communion with each other.

I only want You in my daily meditation,
Nothing earthly to distract me from Your sweet consolation.

All I have or ever will have, I lay at Your feet.
With You as my guide, I will see no defeat.

Everything You’ve given me, I hand right back,
Because I am sure to mess things up and I’m even surer to slack.

My life is Thine, come sorrow, agony and pain.
For from this world I have nothing to gain.

I’ll take up my cross and follow Thee.
From worldly pleasure I will utterly flee.

I give up my life to follow You and You alone,
And I’ll see Your face when I enter my Heavenly home.

You created me to bring glory to You,
So this I will humbly do.

I’ll forsake this world and all its pleasures
And seek rather heavenly treasures.

Though I may never marry,
Though many burdens I may have to carry,

Though I may lose my family and friend
I will love you with everything I have and ever will have until the bitter end.



Copyrighted 2009 By: Elizabeth Anne Shull

No comments:

Post a Comment