Monday, March 1, 2021

Beauty From Ashes

Beauty from Ashes
By: Elizabeth Claytor July 14, 2020

(Late night poem inspiration, inspired by a shirt I saw on a Facebook AD...)

There she lay in her ashes.
Tears falling down from her lashes.

Broken, beaten, and worn.
Regretting the day she was born.

She's loved but she doesn't know it.
Too many didn't know how to show it.

"This all must be my fault."
"Their love can be bought."

"If only I can be good enough."
"If only I was made of better stuff."

Jesus sees her; hears her every cry.
He doesn't keep on passing by.

His daughter He has found.
Lifts her face up from the ground.

Peers into her tear-stricken eyes.
Washes her mind of all the lies.

Whispers, "You are mine."
"With Me, you'll be just fine."

"You are enough."
"You are loved."
"You are wanted."
"I made you fearfully, wonderfully."

"But..."

He brushes off
The tears from her cheek.

"No. Listen to Me."
"You are enough."
"You are loved."
"You are wanted."
"I made you fearfully, wonderfully."

"Believe My words,
Let go of all the lies!!"

"You are ENOUGH!"
"You are LOVED!"
"You are WANTED!"
"I made you FEARFULLY, WONDERFULLY!"

"You are My beauty from the ashes.
Now dry those beautiful lashes!"

"Stand up from that ground!
Remember, you have been found!"

"Say it loud!!
Say it proud!!"

"I am God's daughter!!"

"I was lost but now I'm found!!
He picked me up from my low ground!!"

"I am found; I am found; I am found!!!"

"I AM ENOUGH!"
"I AM LOVED!"
"I AM WANTED!"
"HE MADE ME FEARFULLY, WONDERFULLY!"

~ Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment